Ultimate Fish Pie Recipe
This fish pie is the perfect comfort food. Warming and delicious, the baked egg on top truly makes the dish.
400g mixed fish pie mix (cod, smoked haddock, salmon)
200g king prawns, cooked
50g frozen peas
25g plain flour
1kg potatoes, peeled
100g cheddar, grated
Handful of peppercorns
- Heat the oven to 180˚C
- In a large saucepan, add 400ml milk, peppercorns, and fish pie mix. Bring to a simmer until the fish is fully cooked and flaky
- In a separate saucepan, add the cubed potatoes with salted water and boil. When cooked, mash the potatoes with 25g butter and 50ml of milk. Season with salt and pepper
- Strain the fish from the milk but keep the milk. Remove the peppercorns and keep the fish to the side.
- Melt the butter in the fish sauce pan. Add the flour and cook out for 2-3 minutes
- Whilst whisking continuously, slowly add the poaching milk until a thick and creamy sauce
- Add the prawns, fish, and frozen peas and gently fold in the sauce
- In a large pie dish, add the fish mix and allow to cool. Add the mashed potatoes and then smooth out a well in the middle of the potatoes. Sprinkle the level potatoes with cheese and carefully add egg to the well
- Put into the oven for 10-15 minutes until egg is baked and cheese is melted
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy King Prawns
These delicious king prawns are ready to eat or to cook with! Perfectly cooked and peeled, you can enjoy tasty shellfish on their own or in a recipe.