Tiger Prawn and Rice Noodle Salad
This stunning salad dish bring luxury to your home! Using our delicious Big & Happy Tiger Prawns with Asian inspired ingredients, everyone will love this salad.
1 packet Big & Happy Tiger Prawns
For the salad:
200g pre-cooked rice noodles
1/2 apple, cut into matchsticks
3 springs onions, sliced
1 small bunch mint, chopped
1 small bunch coriander, chopped
1 medium chilli, deseeded and sliced
1/2 lime, zest & juice
3 tsp sesame oil
For the sauce:
1 tsp ground star anise
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
1/2 tsp ground chilli powder
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp fish sauce
1 inch ginger, grated
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp water
4 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix together all the salad ingredients and place into the fridge until required.
- In a large jug, add all the dry ingredients for the sauce. Add the garlic, ginger, and cider vinegar.
- Using a stick blender, blitz the sauce for a few second and then slowly add the oil whilst blending at the same time.
- When the sauce starts to thicken, add the fish sauce and water and blend until smooth.
- Taste the sauce – if it’s too sweet add a small amount of cider vinegar
- Cook the prawns by gently frying in butter.
- Place the prawns into a small bowl and mix 1 teaspoon of the sauce.
- To serve, place a portion of the noodles on the plate, then 3 teaspoons of the sauce over the top.
- Add the marinated prawns and drizzle more sauce over the top.
- Serve with a light salad on top of microgreens and pea shoots.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Happy Tiger Prawns
Our Big & Happy Tiger Prawns are sourced ethically and sustainably in Borneo. For every purchase, we will donate 20p to the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation.