Summer Seafood Terrine Recipe
This seafood terrine is the perfect summer dish filled with tasty and delicate seafood – it’s ideal for a picnic or al fresco dining. We’ve chosen our favourite seafood, but any fish can be added including mackerel or smoked salmon.
4 sheets of gelatine
300ml fish stock
100ml white wine
20ml lemon juice
50g squid, pre-cooked
100g king prawns, cooked
50g crayfish, cooked
100g poached white fish
2 hardboiled eggs, quartered
4 pickled onions, thinly sliced
4 cornichons, thinly sliced
- Put the gelatine in the white wine.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the fish stock to the boil then take the pan off the heat and stir in the gelatine/wine mixture. Stir in the lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put a lid on the saucepan and allow to cool for room temperature.
- Line a loaf tin with clingfilm and add the pickled onion and cornichon slices with dill and parsley along with 10-15 pink peppercorns until the bottom of the tin is covered.
- Cover this with 4 tablespoons of the stock jelly and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Then add the egg, squid, white fish, king prawns, crayfish and any leftover dill, parsley, onions or cornichons.
- Pour the remaining jelly over the filling and tap the tin a few times to let the jelly get in all corners.
- Cover the dish with clingfilm and refrigerate overnight.
- When set, remove the terrine from the loaf tin and serve immediately with green salad.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy King Prawns
120g drained ‘cooked and peeled’ brined King prawns. These delicious king prawns are ready to eat or to cook with!
Big & Juicy Crayfish Tails
Our Crayfish tails are packed in a modified air atmosphere. Our plump and succulent Crayfish are wild creel caught in China.