Smoked Trout and King Prawn Harissa Couscous Recipe
This Moroccan inspired dish is simply divine. The harissa sauce is a tasty blend of chilli, garlic, and aromatic spices to create a vibrant and fresh sauce that pairs perfectly with the prawns and smoked trout.
3 large dried chillies
2 chipotle chillies
5 garlic cloves
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp tomato paste
1 tsp sweet paprika
60ml olive oil
20ml lemon juice
40g preserved lemon
8 fresh mint leaves
300g pre-cooked giant couscous
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 spring onion, finely chopped
1tbsp olive oil
250g King Prawns
2 fillets hot smoked trout
- Soften the dried chillies by steeping them in hot water for 30-40 minutes
- Whilst the chillies are soaking, toast the caraway seeds, coriander seeds, and cumin seeds in a dry pan. Stir occasionally to ensure the spices don’t burn.
- When toasted, grind the spices in a pestle and mortar or a coffee grinder
- Drain the chillies but reserve the liquid
- In a blender, add the chilli, spices, preserved lemon, garlic, lemon juice, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of the reserved water, and fresh mint. Blend until you have a smooth paste and then empty into a bowl and add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and sugar to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the couscous, pepper, spring onion, parsley, and olive oil.
- Serve up with flakes of the smoked trout, the king prawns, the couscous, and lightly drizzle over the harissa sauce.
Top Tip: You can keep these harissa paste to use for lots of different recipes!
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy King Prawns
These delicious king prawns are ready to eat or to cook with! Perfectly cooked and peeled, you can enjoy tasty shellfish on their own or in this taste recipe