Smoked Seaweed Red Prawns Recipe
Try a new technique with your prawns for a delicious and aromatic flavour. By smoking your prawns, they’ll be perfectly cooked and full of a rich taste with a touch of spice with the seasoning.
300g Frozen Raw Red Prawns
30g olive oil
12 Sweet Roquito chilli peppers
7g pink peppercorns
7g green peppercorns
12g dried seaweed
8g dried garlic
1g dried thyme
7g dried lemon peel
6g dried lemon
2g sea salt
1 foil smoking bag
- In a spice grinder, add the pink peppercorns, green peppercorns, seaweed, garlic, thyme, lemon peel, dried lemon, and salt. Blend together until a spice mix
- In a large bowl, add the frozen prawns, 8g of the seaweed spice mix, roquito peppers, and oil. Mix until the prawns are coated in the marinade
- Add the prawns to the foil smoking bag, including all the marinade. Seal the foil smoking bag.
- Place the foil bag on hot coals or the BBQ and cook for 6 minutes. The bag will puff up with smoke
- When cooked, tear open the bag and enjoy!
Big Prawn Products
Learn about our Argentinian Red Prawns here