Smoked Haddock Rarebit Recipe
This recipe is the ultimate comfort dish. The ideal mixture between Welsh Rarebit and Fish Pie, it’s a guaranteed family favourite or even a dinner party special!
350g smoked haddock
50g plain flour
50g unsalted butter
200g strong cheddar cheese, grated
100g cream cheese
100ml single cream
3 tsp English mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir the flour in to create a roux. Cook out for a couple of minutes
- Stir in the beer and cream whilst whisking until you have a thick and smooth sauce
- Add the grated cheese and cream cheese. Stir until melted
- Season with the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and season with pepper
- Divide the haddock evenly in 4 serving dishes and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle 50g of grated cheese over the top.
- Heat an oven at 190˚C and cook for 20 minutes untiles golden brown and bubbling.
Top Tip: You can make this dish in advance and simply refrigerate until you’re ready to serve
If you want to try more winter warmer seafood recipes, click here