Seafood Pizza Recipe
Seafood might not be your first choice for a pizza topping, but its surprisingly common in Italy, and simply delicious! Making your own base and tomato sauce makes this recipe truly special.
For The Base:
500g strong white bread flour
7g active-dry yeast
1 tsp coarse sea salt
240ml warm water
80ml olive oil
1 tsp sugar
For The Sauce:
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
40g tomato puree
15g chopped garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
20ml olive oil
10ml balsamic vinegar
5g white sugar
2 tsp dried oregano
5 fresh basil leaves
For The Topping
200g raw king prawns
150g cooked mussel meat
1 tsp capers
100g raw squid rings
1/2 ball mozzarella
- For The Base:
- In a stand-up mixer with a dough hook, combine the flour, yeast, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, water, and olive oil.
- Whilst mixing the flour on the low speed, slowly add the water, scraping down the sides of the bowl as required.
- Knead the dough until its sticky to the touch without coming off in your hands. If the dough is dry, add more water. If the dough is wet, add more flour.
- Continue to knead with the dough hook for 4-5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a floured bowl and cover with cling film. Put in a warm place until it has doubled in size (1 hour).
- Once double, knock the air out of the dough and let it relax. Cut the dough in half and roll it out until a pizza shape, ready for toppings.
- For the Topping
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the sauce ingredients. If you want a smoother sauce, use a food processor.
- Heat the oven to 220˚C.
- Layer two tablespoons of the sauce on the dough and spread evenly
- Add the prawns, mussels, squid, and capers evenly over the base and top with torn basil and mozzarella.
- Cook in the oven until the mozzarella is melted and the raw seafood is cooked.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil to serve.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Jumbo King Prawns
Grown in the shadow of Krakatoa, our raw Sumatran King prawns are renowned for their rich colour and big taste. Our prawns are carefully farmed using sustainable methods with the highest standards of care for the environment and the community.
Big & Juicy Mussels
These cooked rope-grown Chilean delicious mussels can be easily eaten on their own or find inspiration for recipes online here.