Seafood Paella Recipe
Have a taste of the beautiful coast of Spain with a seafood paella! The aromatic saffron with tasty shellfish is the perfect combination. It’s a little tricky to make, but the end result is worth it.
20 Big & Juicy King Prawns
2 tbsp olive oil
500g white fish, such as cod or monkfish
4 garlic cloves
500g paella rice
200g mussels, cleaned
150g squid rings
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 peppers, thinly sliced
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 pinch saffron
1 400g tin of tomatoes
1l fish stock
Large handful parsley
- In a saucepan, add the fish stock, saffron and 1 crushed garlic clove. Bring the stock to the boil.
- In a large cast iron pan, add the olive oil and fry the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining garlic cloves and peppers and continue to fry until soft.
- Add the paprika and cayenne to the onions then add the tin of tomatoes and allow the mixture to simmer. Chop half the parsley and add to the tomato mixture.
- Add the paella rice to the pan and mix in well.
- Add the stock from the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and keep the pan simmering. Continue to cook the rice for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Shake the pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the prawns, squid, and mussels over the rice and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan with foil and let the paella rest for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the paella with parsley and squeeze the lemon over and serve.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy King Prawns
Grown in the shadow of Krakatoa, our raw Sumatran King prawns are renowned for their rich colour and big taste. Our prawns are carefully farmed using sustainable methods with the highest standards of care for the environment and the community.
Big & Juicy Mussels
These rope grown Chilean mussels can be easily eaten on their own or find inspiration for recipes