Seafood and Tomato Bisque Pie Recipe
This seafood and tomato bisque pie is filled with bright flavours, perfect for a summery treat. It’s topped off with a garlic butter crumb and has plenty of seafood including prawns, mussels, and cod.
1 packet puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
40g plain flour
15g tomato puree
1 tin chopped tomatoes
50ml single cream
50ml white wine
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried tarragon
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 fish stock cube
1 small onion, finely chopped
30g butter, melted
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 190˚C
- Divide the pastry into 8 equal portions. In 4 of the portions, cut out a square in the middle. Brush the edges with water and place the hollowed-out pastry portion on top of the full portion.
- Brush with the beaten egg and lightly prick the bottom with a fork. Place all the pastry portions into the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool whilst making the filling.
- To make the tomato sauce, add the oil, garlic, and onion to a heavy based saucepan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, and fish stock cube and mix. Then add the dried herbs and cream.
- Bring to the boil and add the wine. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and water. Add this to the tomato sauce and simmer for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the topping, mix together the breadcrumbs, melted butter, garlic, and herbs.
- To assemble the pies, add the seafood evenly to the pies, spoon on the sauce, and then cover with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 190˚C and serve with the remaining sauce.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Cooked Mussels
These delicious mussels can be easily eaten on their own or in delicious recipes like this!
Big & Juicy Raw King Prawns
Grown in the shadow of Krakatoa, our raw Sumatran King prawns are renowned for their rich colour and big taste. Our prawns are carefully farmed using sustainable methods with the highest standards of care for the environment and the community.