Seafood and Sweetcorn Chowder Recipe
Chowders are beautifully creamy and warming, perfect for the cold weather! Usually made with clams, we’ve added more seafood for a tasty treat.
250g Big & Juicy Cooked King Prawns
100g Big & Juicy Cooked Mussel Meat
100g squid rings
6 rashers unsmoked streaky bacon, diced
2 tbsps flour
2 leeks, finely sliced
300g potatoes, diced
340g tinned sweetcorn
5 tbsps single cream
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsps chopped parsley
Salt and black pepper
- In a large casserole dish, fry the bacon until it starts to crisp.
- Add the butter, leeks and potatoes and continue to cook for a further 6-8 minutes until they begin to soften and the potatoes start to brown.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and continue to cook over a low heat for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are completely soft. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Stir in the prawns, mussels, squid, sweetcorn, cream, Worcestershire sauce and chopped parsley and heat for a minute or two.
- Check the seasoning and adjust to your liking
- Make sure all of the seafood is cooked and then serve with crusty bread.