Scallops with Capers and Lemon Butter Recipe
Cooking scallops may seem daunting but this easy recipe celebrates simple flavours without being too much hassle. It’s the ideal dish to impress with no stress.
300g of frozen or fresh scallops, drained
60g unsalted butter, softened
2 tsp capers
Juice and zest from 1/4 of a lemon
1/2 tsp cornstarch
Small bunch of samphire
Drizzle of vegetable oil
Salt & pepper
- Make the lemon butter but mixing lemon juice, zest, pepper, and cornstarch with the softened butter. Gently mix in the capers.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on high heat. Lightly brush the scallops with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place the scallop into the pan and fry. Allow the scallops to sear and turn a golden brown (approximately 2 minutes)
- Reduce the heat and add a tablespoon of lemon butter to the pan and turn the scallops
- Turn the scallops and add the samphire and cook for 3 minutes.
You can use the lemon butter for any fish. Simply portion it, freeze, then use when required.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Half Shell Scallops
These tasty half shell scallops are served on a half shell and flavoured with tasty chorizo butter.