Scallops with Capers and Lemon Butter Recipe
300g of frozen or fresh scallops, drained
60g unsalted butter, softened
2 tsp capers
Juice and zest from 1/4 of a lemon
1/2 tsp cornstarch
Small bunch of samphire
Drizzle of vegetable oil
Salt & pepper
- Make the lemon butter but mixing lemon juice, zest, pepper, and cornstarch with the softened butter. Gently mix in the capers.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on high heat. Lightly brush the scallops with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place the scallop into the pan and fry. Allow the scallops to sear and turn a golden brown (approximately 2 minutes)
- Reduce the heat and add a tablespoon of lemon butter to the pan and turn the scallops
- Turn the scallops and add the samphire and cook for 3 minutes.
You can use the lemon butter for any fish. Simply portion it, freeze, then use when required.