Rustic Fish Stew Recipe
This rustic fish stew is a typical Mediterranean inspired dish that is packed full of flavour and plenty of seafood. Serve it up with crusty bread and it can be a mid-week treat or even a dinner party special.
2 medium onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 large green pepper, sliced
40g olive oil
15g flat leaf parsley, chopped
Pinch of saffron
200g potatoes, peeled and diced
2 bay leaves
4 large ripe tomatoes
30g tomato paste
100ml dry white wine
200g squid, cleaned and sliced
300g white fish
150g large raw prawns
12 whole mussels
Salt and pepper
- In a large pan, sweat off the onion, garlic, and green peppers in the olive oil for 10 minutes. Cover to stew for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the parsley, saffron, potatoes, bay leaves, tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, water, and season with pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the squid and clams. Simmer for another 5 minutes
- Add the fish, prawns and mussels in layers but don’t stir. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes so the fish is fully cooked and mussels and clams are open. Discard any shellfish that hasn’t opened
- Check the seasoning and serve the stew with crusty bread
Top Tip: Serve the fish stew in bread bowls for a showstopper. Simply remove the inside of a cobb loaf and bake for 8 minutes, then add the stew.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy White Clams
These Vietnamese Clams are from the Bén Tré fishery are MSC certified and are gathered by hand using regulated rakes and nets. Our white clams are delicious and naturally high in iron and vitamin B12.
Big & Juicy King Prawns
Grown in the shadow of Krakatoa, our raw Sumatran King prawns are renowned for their rich colour and big taste. Our prawns are carefully farmed using sustainable methods with the highest standards of care for the environment and the community.