Roasted Cod and Tartare Sandwich Recipe
This sandwich is the perfect hint at the classic Fish & Chips, however, healthier and even tastier with fresh vegetables.
200g fresh cod loin
4 asparagus spears
1 beef tomato, sliced
2 bread rolls, preferably crusty
130g full fat mayonnaise
80g gherkins, finely chopped
8g cider vinegar
30g capers, chopped
15g wholegrain mustard
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 sprig fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
- Combine together the mayonnaise, gherkins, cider vinegar, capers, mustard, chopped onion, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and chill
- Slice the asparagus into thin slices and blanch in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain and cool in cold water and then pat dry
- Brush the cod loin with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat and place the cod, skin side down, and cook for 8-10 minute. Keep turning carefully until brown and charred in places and full cooked.
- Warm the rolls in the oven, and open up. Spread the tartare sauce on both sides of the rolls, layer tomato and asparagus and the flaked code loin on top.