Prawn Tikka Masala Recipe
If you’re missing dining out at your favourite restaurant, try creating tasty ‘fakeaways’ at home! This Prawn Tikka Masala Recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a tasty curry and seafood!
1 large onion, chopped roughly
1 inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
2 large garlic cloves
1 tbsp oil
3 tbsp curry paste
400g chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
3 cardamom pods, bashed
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp ground almond
300g raw King Prawns
1 tbsp double cream
Bunch of coriander, to serve
- In a food processor, blitz together the onion, ginger, and garlic until it’s a smooth paste.
- In a saucepan, add the onion paste with 1 tsp garam masala and fry until golden and cooked through.
- Add the curry paste and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar, and cardamom pods. Bring to the simmer and put a lid on. Cook for 10-15 minutes
- Remove the cardamom pods from the sauce and use a hand blender of food processor to blend into a silky sauce.
- Return the sauce to the pan, adding almonds and prawns and cook for 5 minutes until the prawns are cooked.
- Stir through the cream and sprinkle with coriander to serve.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy King Prawns
Grown in the shadow of Krakatoa, our raw Sumatran King prawns are renowned for their rich colour and big taste. Our prawns are carefully farmed using sustainable methods with the highest standards of care for the environment and the community.