Prawn Arancini Recipe
50g unsalted butter
400g arborio rice
40ml white wine
10g fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
150g raw chopped king prawns
2 litres warm fish stock
75g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
5 spring onions, finely chopped
20g Parmesan cheese
50g Grated mozzarella
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 free-range egg, beaten
Plain flour, for dusting
1 litre vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, add the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes on a low heat. When the rice starts to become a little translucent around the edges, add the wine and cook for another minute.
- Add a ladleful of warm stock and stir well. When the stock has almost been absorbed, add another ladleful. Continue adding more stock until it has all been added.
- Add the chopped king prawns, keep stirring until the rice is cooked.
- Fold in the sun-dried tomatoes, spring onion, mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside to go cold.
- Beat the egg in a bowl, sprinkle the flour onto a plate.
- Roll the rice into small balls, then dip into the beaten egg and dredge in the flour.
- Half-fill a deep, heavy-based saucepan with vegetable oil and heat to 170C/325F
- Deep-fry the arancini for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown. Remove from the oil using a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on kitchen paper. Perfect served with pesto.