Prawn and Pork Dumplings Recipe
Making these prawn and pork dumplings might be a little fussy initially, but once you’ve got the hang of the wrapper, it’ll seem easy! Pair with a spicy dipping sauce for a great taste.
100g prawns, roughly chopped
200g minced pork
2 spring onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp ginger, grated
2 tbsp oyster sauce
80g bamboo shoots, sliced
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 red chilli, chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a food processor, add the prawns until they form a paste
- Add the minced prawns to a bowl with the minced pork, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, spring onions, garlics, ginger, oyster sauce and bamboo shoots. Mix together.
- Place 1 tsp of mixture into one half and fold over the wrapper
- Pinch the wrapper together to ensure the mixture stays inside. Continue until all the mixture is used
- In a deep frying pan, add the oil on a medium heat. Add the dumplings into the pan (it may require 2 batches of cooking)
- After 2 minutes, the dumplings will be golden on the bottom. Add ½ cup of water to fill the pan until 1/3 of a way up the dumplings. Put on a lid and steam for 3 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking for another 3 minutes
- Mix together the soy sauce, chopped chilli, and 1 tbsp of sesame oil for the dipping sauce.
- Serve the dumplings hot, with the dipping sauce
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy King Prawns
Grown in the shadow of Krakatoa, our raw Sumatran King prawns are renowned for their rich colour and big taste. Our prawns are carefully farmed using sustainable methods with the highest standards of care for the environment and the community.