Mussel and Clam Asian Broth
This spicy Asian broth is packed full of flavour of spice and aromatics and filled with delicious seafood. It’s the ideal choice for a low maintenance cook with maximum flavour.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp white sugar
2 shallots, finely sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
1 red chilli, finely sliced
1 stick lemongrass, finely chopped
3 lime lives, finely sliced
1 star anise
2 tsps fish sauce
1 lime, juiced and zested
Fresh coriander, chopped
150ml fish stock
- Heat oil in saucepan and add the shallots until softened
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, star anise, and lemongrass. Cook for 2 minutes
- Add the lime leaves, fish stock, fish sauce, sugar, and lime zest. Simmer for 3 minutes
- Clean the mussels well and check they’re good
- Increase the heat until the stock is boiling
- Add the mussels and clams. Stir well and place lid on for 3 minutes until all shells have opened
- Add the spring onion, lime juice, and chopped coriander.
Big Prawn Products
Mussels in Brine
Our Chilean, premium rope grown Mussels are selected for there plump and tasty meat. Mussels are delicious used straight from the tub or as an ingredient in any of your favourite seafood recipes.
Big & Juicy White Clams
These Vietnamese Clams are from the Bén Tré fishery are MSC certified and are gathered by hand using regulated rakes and nets. Our white clams are delicious and naturally high in iron and vitamin B12.