Moules Mariniere Recipe
This classic French shellfish dinner is simply delicious and easier to make than you think! Try this recipe for this restaurant style dish at home.
500g mussels (no shells)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 shallots, chopped
100ml dry white wine
20g plain lour
200ml single cream
1 bunch parsley
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt & pepper
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the shallots and garlic. Cook on a low heat until the shallot are translucent
- Add the flour to make a roux. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring to continuously to avoid burning
- Stir in the wine and cream until you have a smooth sauce
- Add the lemon juice, parsley, and season with salt and pepper
- Add the mussel meat into the sauce, bring to the boil, and simmer for 4 minutes
- Serve the moules mariniere piping hot with crusty bread and chips!
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Cooked Chilean Mussels
These delicious mussels can be easily eaten on their own or try them in tasty recipes like these!