Mexican Seafood Fishcakes Recipe
These delicious fishcakes are the perfect twist on your typical weekday dinner. Filled with scrumptious prawns, mussels, and cod they’re the perfect guilt-free indulgence. Topped off with an aromatic chimichurri salsa, they’re irresistible.
For the fishcakes
500g coarsely mashed potatoes
100g cooked cod
100g crayfish tails
100g cooked prawns
100g mussel meat
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Sea salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
2 eggs (beaten)
For the salsa
Small bunch of fresh parsley finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 spring onion finely sliced
Small bunch of fresh coriander finely chopped
3-6 cloves of garlic chopped
Small red chilli (seeds removed), finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lime juice
Sea salt to taste
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the potatoes, fish, seafood, 1 egg, lemon zest, mint, and parsley in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the fishcake mixture into 8 and shape into patty shapes. Allow to firm up in the fridge.
- Dip the fishcakes into seasoned flour, then into 2 beaten eggs, and then into the bread crumbs.
- When all the fishcakes are coated, heat oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry the cakes until golden and crisp.
- Serve with the Chimichurri salsa and fresh salad.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy King Prawns
Grown in the shadow of Krakatoa, our cooked Sumatran King prawns are renowned for their rich colour and big taste.
Big & Juicy Crayfish Tails
Our Crayfish tails are packed in a modified air atmosphere. Our plump and succulent Crayfish are wild creel caught in China.
Big & Juicy Cooked Mussels
These delicious mussels can be easily eaten on their own or find inspiration for recipes in our inspire section.