Mango & Chilli Prawns Recipe
Our tasty Big & Happy Prawns are the perfect for the spicy and sweet dipping sauce with mango and chilli.
1 pack Big & Happy Tiger Prawns
1 ripe mango
2 red chillis, chopped
1 tsp lime zest
10ml lime juice
20ml cider vinegar
3 tbsp water
Salt & Pepper
- Peel the mango and cut half of the fruit into large chunks.
- With the remaining mango, put it into a medium sized pan with the sugar, lime juice, lime zest, cider vinegar and water
- Heat the mixture on a medium heat until it starts to boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes whilst stirring regularly.
- Using a masher or stick blender, blitz the pulp to form a sauce and strain it through a fine sieve
- Add the sauce back to the pan and reheat until it starts to boil and season with salt and pepper then put to the side until ready to serve.
- In a a small frying pan, add a drizzle of oil and fry the prawns for a couple of minutes on each side until they’re fully cooked.
- Add the prawns to skewers, alternating with prawn and mango chunks and then drizzle on the mango chilli sauce.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Happy Tiger Prawns
These Tiger Prawns are ethically and sustainably sourced in Borneo by our supplier, The Happy Prawn Company. They are available from Waitrose and for every packet, 20p will be donated to the BOSF.