For the most decadent breakfast or brunch, lobster eggs benedict is sure to impress. Just 4 simple components combine into a luxurious plate. Using Big Prawn’s Big & Juicy Cooked Lobster makes this dish much more manageable!
Lobster Eggs Benedict Recipe
1 Big & Juicy Cooked Lobster, defrosted
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 English muffins
2 egg yolks
½ tsp white wine vinegar
2-3 tsp lemon juice
Handful of chives
- Crack the lobster as per the instruction on the pack and leave to the side
- Prepare the hollandaise sauce by melting the butter. As it melts, remove the white solids and keep the pan warm.
- Put the egg yolks, ½ tsp white wine vinegar, salt, and 1tbsp of cold water in a bowl. Whisk until the mixture turns light, approximately 3 minutes
- Place the bowl over a simmering pan of hot water and whisk for a further 5 minutes until the sauce is light in coloured and thick
- Remove the bowl from the simmering pan and add the butter in very slowly until its creamy. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- To poach the eggs, bring a saucepan of water to the boil with 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar. Reduce the water to a simmer, swirl the water and add the eggs. Gently poach for approximately 3 minutes so the egg white is cooked and the yolk is runny.
- To serve, lightly toast the muffins and gently place the lobster and eggs on top. Spoon over the hollandaise and serve with a sprinkling of chives
- Previous Seafood Myths You Need to Know The Truth About
- Next The Surprising Health Benefits of Clams