Lobster Eggs Benedict Recipe
For the most decadent breakfast or brunch, lobster eggs benedict is sure to impress. Just 4 simple components combine into a luxurious plate. Using Big Prawn’s Big & Juicy Cooked Lobster makes this dish much more manageable!
1 Big & Juicy Cooked Lobster, defrosted
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 English muffins
2 egg yolks
½ tsp white wine vinegar
2-3 tsp lemon juice
Handful of chives
- Crack the lobster as per the instruction on the pack and leave to the side
- Prepare the hollandaise sauce by melting the butter. As it melts, remove the white solids and keep the pan warm.
- Put the egg yolks, ½ tsp white wine vinegar, salt, and 1tbsp of cold water in a bowl. Whisk until the mixture turns light, approximately 3 minutes
- Place the bowl over a simmering pan of hot water and whisk for a further 5 minutes until the sauce is light coloured and thick
- Remove the bowl from the simmering pan and add the butter in very slowly until its creamy. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- To poach the eggs, bring a saucepan of water to the boil with 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar. Reduce the water to a simmer, swirl the water and add the eggs. Gently poach for approximately 3 minutes so the egg white is cooked and the yolk is runny.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Canadian Lobsters
Our Big & Juicy Canadian Lobsters are caught in the icy waters off the coast of the picturesque Prince Edward Island in the North West Atlantic. They are fished by the island fishermen and are cooked and frozen straight from the sea so they are as fresh as when they were first landed. Their taste is delicate and sweet and being pre cooked they are the ultimate convenient luxury seafood.