Lobster Drumkilbo Recipe
Lobster drumkilbo is a royal egg and lobster salad, boosted with jewels of sherry jelly! Its the perfect dinner party starter.
1 Big & Juicy cooked lobster
6 hard boiled eggs
3 large tomatoes
100g coldwater prawns
1 spring onion, chopped
1/4 cucumber, de-seeded and chopped
2 leaves gelatine
Handful mixed leaves & watercress
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp tomato past
3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp brandy
1 tsp anchovy paste
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp white sugar
Salt & pepper
- Mix together all the cocktail sauce ingredients and season to taste. Keep chilled until required
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 2 minutes.
- In small pan, bring the sherry to boiling point then turn off the heat and add the gelatine
- Once the gelatine has melted, pour the liquid into a tray and put into the fridge to set
- Remove the meat from the lobster tails and claws and cute into bite sized pieces
- Peel and cut the eggs into quarters
- Bring a medium pan of water to a boil. Cut the green stem portion off the tomatoes and cut a small cross on the bottom
- Put the tomatoes into boiling water and cook for 30 seconds. Remove and put into cold water. Peel the skins off and de-seed. Cut the tomato flesh into small cubes
- In a large bowl, mix the parsley, spring onion, tomatoes, and prawns. Add 4 tablespoons of the cocktail sauce and mix well. Fold in the eggs, keeping some for decoration
- When the jelly is set, cut into small cubes
- To serve, in a small bowls or jars, layer up the salad and add the mixed leaves and watercress, add a portion of the cocktail mix, a portion of chopped lobster, then cocktail sauce, then decorate with cubes of sherry jelly, cucumber, and egg.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Cooked Lobster
Our Big&Juicy Canadian Lobsters are caught in the icy waters off the coast of the picturesque Prince Edward Island in the North West Atlantic. They are fished by the island fishermen and are cooked and frozen straight from the sea so they are as fresh as when they were first landed.
Big & Juicy Coldwater Prawns
he firm, plump texture and great taste makes these one of the best prawns on the market. Specially selected, these French Canadian ‘Saint – Laurent’ prawns are the juiciest of all Northwest Atlantic prawns and as they have been certified by the Marine Stewardship Council, they are fully sustainable.