Garlic Scallops with Bacon Recipe
Cooking a restaurant style dish at home sounds daunting, but with this step-by -step recipe, there’s no need to get intimidated. The key to this dish is simple yet bold flavours with good quality ingredients. It’s simple yet powerful. Impress someone today with this tasty combination of garlicky butter smothered scallops with crispy and salty bacon.
4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
2 tbsp oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
200g cavolo nero
1 shallot, thinly chopped
1 small bunch asparagus
- Pre-heat the oven to 220˚C and place the bacon on a baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes, making sure to turn half way through.
- Finely shred the cavolo nero, removing the inner stalk.
- In a frying pan, add half of the butter and the shallot and gently cooked for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the cavolo nero and fry until tender. Season to taste
- In a boiling pan of water, cook the asparagus approx 6 minutes until tender, ensure they still have some bite.
- In a frying pan, add the oil and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper and put them into the frying pan and fry on each side for 2 minutes until beautifully golden.
- Add the butter to the frying pan and gently spoon over the scallops.
- Serve the scallops on a bed of cavolo nero with the crispy bacon rashers and asparagus.