Fakeaway: Crab & Lime Spring Rolls
From your local Chinese takeaway, you might be used to ordering vegetable spring rolls but we’ve elevated it using our tasty Cromer Crab accompanied with a chilli dipping sauce.
200g white crab meat
100g brown crab meat
1 lime, zest and juice
1 pack spring roll wrappers
1 inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
1/2 spring onion thinly sliced
Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Sauce
1/2 spring onion, chopped
1/2 lime juice, chopped
2 tsp cider vinegar
150g sweet chilli sauce
Fresh coriander, chopped
- In a bowl, mix together the two crab meats together with the lime juice and zest
- Lay out a spring roll wrapper and in the middle and place a slice of ginger and onion next to the crab mixture.
- Fold in the sides of the wrapper and roll up. Use a dab of water on your finger to secure the wrapper and filling.
- Continue until all the mixture and wrappers are done.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan until it’s hot enough to fry.
- When hot, place the spring rolls carefully in and cook until golden brown.
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and serve.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Cromer Crab
Our crabs are caught off the North Norfolk coast using small day fishing boats and baited crab pots that are placed offshore.