Cromer Crab Salad with Fennel and Avocado Recipe
If you’re looking for a fresh and zesty meal, this crab salad is the ideal choice. The delicate sweet meat of the crab pairs perfectly with sharp fennel and creamy avocado for a salad you’ll love. It’s a great choice for a light dinner or even a starter for a dinner party.
80g crabmeat, a mix of white and brown meat
60ml crème fraiche
1 lemon, juice and zest
1 large avocado
1 medium fennel bulb
1 garlic clove
4 tbsps olive oil
2 spring onions
Salt & Pepper
Salad to serve
- Separate the brown and white crab meat
- Mix the brown crab meat with 40ml of creme fraiche and juice of 1/2 lemon. Stir until smooth
- Slice the fennel and spring onion and mix with the samphire, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper
- Halve the avocado and cut into small pieces. Place into a bowl with garlic, the remaining creme fraiche, the remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Season and mash together with a fork.
- Serve the salad with the brown crab meat, fennel salad, avocado, fresh salad, and scatter the white crab meat over the top.
Big Prawn Products
Our crabs are caught off the North Norfolk coast using small day fishing boats and baited crab pots that are placed offshore. These ‘Brown Crabs’ are most commonly fished off the Norfolk coast and many visitors to the seaside resorts of East Anglia will have already tried these crabs ‘dressed’ but they are equally delicious used in a recipe such as bisque, souffle, paté or simply baked.