Crispy Prawns with Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Prawns are incredibly versatile but have you ever tried prawns and chocolate? The rich sauce is the perfect dipping accompaniment to these crispy prawns.
10 large tiger prawns
150g panko breadcrumbs
Juice large orange
15g chopped dark chocolate
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsps brandy
2 tbsps olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 dried chilli
salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for frying
- Coat the prawns in flour, egg and breadcrumbs then set them aside until required
- Slowly heat the brandy and the orange juice in a small pan. When warm add the chocolate and remove from the heat. Stir until the chocolate melts.
- Heat the olive oil and add the finely chopped garlic and the chilli, let it cook for two minutes. Once golden, add to the chocolate sauce and keep warm
- In a large saucepan or deep-fat fryer, heat oil and add the breadcrumbed prawns. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the prawns with the dipping sauce
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Madagascan Tiger Prawns
Our Big & Juicy Tiger Prawns come from a farm that uses very low stocking densities so the prawns have freedom to swim around in a natural environment. This ensures a less stressed, perfect quality prawn with a fantastic texture and taste. Our Madagascan supplier has made a significant commitment to the sustainability of their farming operations through their aquaculture practices and improvement in the lives their employees and local communities.