Crayfish Rosti and Dill Pickled Vegetable Mayonnaise Recipe
This crayfish rosti is great for any time of the day, whether its brunch or dinner. It works perfectly with the dill mayonnaise and a softly poached egg.
For the crayfish rosti:
2 large floury potatoes
1 large white onion
150g crayfish tails
1 tbsp plain flour
1 small egg, beaten
2-3 tbsp sunflower oil
Salt & Pepper
For the mayonnaise:
50g pickle onion, finely chopped
50g dill pickled cucumbers, finely chopped
1 tsp dijon mustard
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp chopped parsley
Pinch of dry dill
Salt & Pepper
- Combine all of the mayonnaise ingredients together and mix well. Keep aside until required.
- Grate the potatoes and onion into a clean tea towel. Form a ball around the potatoes and squeeze to remove the moisture
- Empty mixture into a bowl and season with pepper, dill, and parsley.
- Add the crayfish tails, beaten egg, and flour and mix.
- Divide into equal portion and shape into circles
- Heat a large frying pan with oil and fry the rostis for 4 minutes each side until golden brown all over.
- Season with salt and serve with the mayonnaise
Top Tip Make sure you get as much moisture as possible out of the potato and onion mixture for a crisp rosti.
Make sure you get as much moisture as possible out of the potato and onion mixture for a crisp rosti.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Crayfish Tails
Our Crayfish tails are packed in a modified air atmosphere. Our plump and succulent Crayfish are wild creel caught in China.