Crayfish Chowder Recipe
Christmas is always chaotic. Unwind and get comfortable with crayfish chowder recipe. This dish is perfect to warm you up and the ideal comfort for post-Christmas blues.
360g Big Prawn Crayfish tails
6 rashers unsmoked streaky bacon, diced
2 tbsps flour
2 leeks, finely sliced
300g potatoes, diced
5 tbsps single cream
1 tbspWorcestershire sauce
2 tbsps chopped parsley
Salt and black pepper
- Drain the crayfish for 20 seconds, season lightly
- Fry the bacon in a large casserole dish, over a low heat until it begins to crisp.
- Add the butter, leeks and potatoes and continue to cook for a further 6-8 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Blend in the milk and continue to cook over a low heat for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are completely soft. Do not allow the mixture to boil rapidly.
- Stir in the crayfish, cream, Worcestershire sauce and chopped parsley and heat for a minute or two ensuring the crayfish are heated through, season to taste
Top Tip: Add in more seafood such as clams and prawns for a seafood chowder.