You might think waffles are a naturally sweet breakfast offering, but this tasty recipe includes tasty crab in the waffles with a smoked salmon topping.
4 eggs, separated
300g plain flour
2 tbsp butter, melted
80g brown crab meat
100g white crab meat
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
4 tbsps creme fraiche
Handful of chives
Thinly sliced red onion to serve
Smoked salmon to serve
- Heat your waffle maker to the instructions
- Whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, zest of lemon, and season with salt.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the brown crab meat, egg yolks, and milk and mix thoroughly
- Gently fold the egg whites into the mixture with a metal spoon
- Add the white crab meat and fold through gently, careful to not beat out the air
- Ladle the waffle mixture on to the waffle maker and cook. Continue to cook waffles until the mixture is finished
- In a small bowl, mix together the creme fraiche, juice of lemon, and salt and pepper
- Serve the waffles with creme fraiche, salmon, red onion, and a sprinkling of chopped chives
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Cromer Crab
Our crabs are caught off the North Norfolk coast using small day fishing boats and baited crab pots that are placed offshore.