Crab and White Wine Tagliatelle Recipe
This pasta dish combines simple yet classic flavours for a delicious quick weekday dinner. It’s a great way to taste the flavours of crab in an easy recipe.
100g fresh white crab meat
50g brown crab meat
450g fresh tagliatelle
70 ml white wine
2 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 small garlic clove, crushed
1 large tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Finely grated parmesan
40g unsalted butter
1 ciabatta bread rolls
- Tear the ciabatta into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes at 150˚C until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Warm a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the butter, tablespoon of olive oil and garlic. Lightly fry the garlic, then add the crab meat and tomato.
- In a large pan of salted boiling water, add the paste and boil for 3 minutes. Drain, but keep some of the cooking water.
- Add the parsley and white wine into the crab. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the pasta, salt and pepper, and 4 tablespoons of pasta water.
- When completely coated, add the breadcrumbs and a tablespoon of parmesan and mix in.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.