Crab and White Wine Tagliatelle Recipe
This pasta dish combines simple yet classic flavours for a delicious quick weekday dinner. It’s a great way to taste the flavours of crab in an easy recipe.
100g fresh white crab meat
50g brown crab meat
450g fresh tagliatelle
70 ml white wine
2 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 small garlic clove, crushed
1 large tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Finely grated parmesan
40g unsalted butter
1 ciabatta bread rolls
- Tear the ciabatta into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes at 150˚C until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Warm a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the butter, tablespoon of olive oil and garlic. Lightly fry the garlic, then add the crab meat and tomato.
- In a large pan of salted boiling water, add the paste and boil for 3 minutes. Drain, but keep some of the cooking water.
- Add the parsley and white wine into the crab. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the pasta, salt and pepper, and 4 tablespoons of pasta water.
- When completely coated, add the breadcrumbs and a tablespoon of parmesan and mix in.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Cromer Crab
Our crabs are caught off the North Norfolk coast using small day fishing boats and baited crab pots that are placed offshore. These ‘Brown Crabs’ are most commonly fished off the Norfolk coast and many visitors to the seaside resorts of East Anglia will have already tried these crabs ‘dressed’ but they are equally delicious used in a recipe such as bisque, souffle, paté or simply baked.
Want to try and crack a cromer crab yourself for this recipe? Follow our easy guide here