Crab and Salmon Quiche Recipe
This delicious crab and salmon quiche recipe is the perfect lunchtime treat and even better for a picnic in the park.
1 pack shortcrust pastry, ready rolled
1 Big & Juicy Cromer Crab
100g finely grated mild cheddar
2 salmon fillets
100ml full fat milk
Handful of peppercorns
2 tomatoes, sliced
- Heat an oven to 180˚C and line a tart tin with the pastry, making sure its well greased. Using baking beads on top of greaseproof paper, bake the pastry for 10 minutes until lightly cooked.
- In a saucepan, add the milk, bayleaf, and peppercorns to bring to a simmer. Add the salmon and lightly poach for 4-6 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the milk mixture but keep the poaching milk. Lightly flake the salmon onto the pastry case.
- Whisk together the eggs, 50g of cheese and the brown crab meat.
- Drain the milk mixture and add the cream to it. Add this mixture to the eggs.
- Lightly sprinkle the white crab meat over the pastry and the tomatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry case and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the egg mixture is cooked and the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Cromer Crab
Our crabs are caught off the North Norfolk coast using small day fishing boats and baited crab pots that are placed offshore. These ‘Brown Crabs’ are most commonly fished off the Norfolk coast