Churrasco Prawns with Sweetcorn Succotash Recipe
This American inspired dish certainly packs a punch! Try these tasty prawns with a fiery BBQ style marinade, perfectly complimented with a sweetcorn succotash! We promise, you won’t have tried sweetcorn as delicious as this before.
16 Tiger Prawns
Churrasco BBQ Sauce
60ml sherry vinegar
100ml olive oil
10g cayenne pepper
50g garlic paste
15g grond cumin
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 rasher streaky bacon
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small red onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 tsp diced chilli
10 small cherry tomatoes, diced
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
100ml cold water
2 fresh sweetcorn cobs
- Prepare the sweetcorn by placing on the barbecue (or frying pan). Sear the corn all over and charr in placed. Let the sweetcorn cool and remove the corn from the husk using a sharp knife.
- Make the Churrasco BBQ sauce in a large pan. On medium heat, add 50ml of olive oil and the garlic paste. Fry for a few minutes but don’t allow it to burn.
- Add the paprika, cayenne, and cumin and cook for a minute.
- Add the water and vinegar and bring to the boil. Let the sauce simmer until it has reduced by half
- Remove from heat, add the remaining oil and sugar and then season with salt and pepper.
- Marinade the prawn in half of the BBQ sauce until ready to barbecue.
- To make the succotash, in a large pan, fry the oil, garlic, bacon, onions, red pepper, green pepper, and thyme. Cook for 3 minutes and then add the chilli, paprika, and cumin and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh corn, cherry tomatoes and water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until all the water has evaporated then add seasoning, lime juice, parsley, and coriander to taste.
- Skewer the prawns and add onto the barbecue. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until the prawn is cooked through. Baste the skewer with some of the sauce whilst cooking.
- Serve the skewers with the sweetcorn and drizzle over the barbecue sauce.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Madagascan Tiger Prawns
Our Big & Juicy Tiger Prawns come from a farm that uses very low stocking densities so the prawns have freedom to swim around in a natural environment. This ensures a less stressed, perfect quality prawn with a fantastic texture and taste.