Chipotle Razor Clam Sandwich Recipe
This sandwich is packed with powerful flavours and crispy fried razor clams. It’s a delight filled with chipotle, bacon, and crispy seafood. You’ll love eating this again and again.
10 razor clams (fresh or frozen and defrosted)
4 rashers bacon, crispy
1/2 lime, juiced
5g garlic puree
30g chipotle paste
Fresh coriander, chopped
1 tsp sugar
150g plain flour
2g garlic powder
1g cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
2 large rolls
Salad to serve
- Mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic puree, chipotle chilli paste, and white sugar. Add the chopped coriander, salt and pepper to taste. Chill until required
- In a plastic bag, add the flour, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Shake together to mix.
- Mix together the egg and milk.
- Dip the razor clams into the egg mixture and then into the seasoned flour. Shake the bag to cover the clams completely
- Heat a deep-fat fryer or saucepan with vegetable oil up to 180˚C. When hot, add the razor clams and cook for 2 minutes until crispy. Drain the hot oil off.
- Spread chipotle mayo on the rolls, add the razor clams, top with bacon, and dress with salad. If you love spice, add more chilli on top!