Kedgeree is a great brunch alternative, ideal for the weekend. We’ve chosen brown shrimp rather than traditional smoked fish for a new take on this spicy breakfast.
Brown Shrimp Kedgeree Recipe
1 onion, finely sliced
3 tsp curry powder
250g basmati rice
300ml fish stock
2 tbsps double cream
300g brown shrimp
2 tbsps chopped parsley
4 eggs, hardboiled
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for 5 minutes
- Add the curry powder, cook for 1 minute then add the rice
- Pour in the fish stock and bring to the boil. When boiling, put a lid on the saucepan and turn the temperature down to low to cook for 12 minutes
- Remove from the heat and leave covered to steam for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork then fold in the remaining ingredients, stirring until the butter from the shrimps has melted into the rice.
- Serve with lemon wedges.