Brown Shrimp Kedgeree Recipe
Kedgeree is a great brunch alternative, ideal for the weekend. We’ve chosen brown shrimp rather than traditional smoked fish for a new take on this spicy breakfast.
1 onion, finely sliced
3 tsp curry powder
250g basmati rice
300ml fish stock
2 tbsps double cream
300g brown shrimp
2 tbsps chopped parsley
4 eggs, hardboiled
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for 5 minutes
- Add the curry powder, cook for 1 minute then add the rice
- Pour in the fish stock and bring to the boil. When boiling, put a lid on the saucepan and turn the temperature down to low to cook for 12 minutes
- Remove from the heat and leave covered to steam for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork then fold in the remaining ingredients, stirring until the butter from the shrimps has melted into the rice.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Big Prawn Products
Coldwater Prawns in Brine
The firm, plump texture and great taste makes these one of the best prawns on the market. Specially selected, these French Canadian ‘Saint – Laurent’ prawns are the juiciest of all Northwest Atlantic prawns and as they have been certified by the Marine Stewardship Council, they are fully sustainable. Caught in the Golfe du Saint- Laurent they are processed in the small town of Caraquet, New Brunswick.