Beer Battered Lobster & Spicy Mayo Recipe
You might think that beer batter should be saved for ‘Fish n Chips’ but the crisp golden batter works perfectly with the delicate meat of lobster. This dish is the perfect combination of fancy and comfort.
2 Big & Juicy Canadian Lobster
50g plain flour
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp baking powder
75ml sparkling water
1 litre vegetable oil, frying
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 lemon, juiced
2 tsp sriracha
1 tsp ketchup
- Prepare the lobster according to the instructions on the box and cut into bite sized pieces using both the lobster tails and claws.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cornflour, paprika, and baking powder. Make a well in the flour and whisk in the beer and sparkling water. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan until the oil is hot enough to fry.
- Dip the lobster bites into the batter then into fry, being careful when placing in hot oil.
- When the batter is golden and crispy, take it out and drain. Continue with this process until all the lobster is fried.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce and serve immediately with the hot lobster.
Big Prawn Products
Big & Juicy Canadian Lobster
Our Big&Juicy Canadian Lobsters are caught in the icy waters off the coast of the picturesque Prince Edward Island in the North West Atlantic. They are fished by the island fishermen and are cooked and frozen straight from the sea so they are as fresh as when they were first landed.