Seafood Stuffed Aubergine Recipe
Try something new with this delicious stuffed aubergine recipe. This beautiful Mediterranean inspired dinner is full of flavour but still light.
100g cooked mussels
100g raw prawns
3 squid tubes
100g white fish (cod, haddock, pollock)
1 tin of tomato passata
2 tbsp olive oil
8 basil leaves
2 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp dry chilli
1 tsp capers
Small bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
6-8 black olives, pitted and halved
Salt and pepper
- Cut the aubergines lengthways in thin slices. Place in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and allow to sit to bring out the moisture for an hour. Wash off the salt and pat dry and griddle. Leave aside ready for stuffing later.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic, chilli and capers. When they start to brown, pour in the tomato passata and bring to boil. Add the parsley, olives and season with salt and pepper. Take off the heat, tear the basil and stir it in.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190˚C.
- Mixed together all the seafood.
- Take 1 slice of aubergine and place a large spoon of the seafood in the middle and fold over the aubergine to form a pocket. Repeat this until all the aubergine and seafood is finished.
- Place all the parcels in a large ovenproof dish and spoon the sauce over each parcel. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread and a fresh salad.