Prawn Coconut Curry Recipe
This delicious and aromatic prawn coconut curry is surprisingly quick to make with our coldwater prawns. Spice to your liking by adjusting chilli powder and serve with freshly cooked rice.
1 tsp chilli powder, or to taste
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
Juice of half a lemon
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely sliced.
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 x 400ml can coconut milk
About 1cm fresh ginger, finely sliced
360g (net drained weight) Big Prawn coldwater prawns
Fresh coriander to serve
- Mix the spices with the lemon juice, salt and a little water, until you have a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring all the time until the onions soften.
- Stir in the spicy paste, turn down the heat, and cook gently, until the spices release their aroma.
- Add the coconut milk and ginger turn the heat up to a simmer and cook for a minute until the sauce is quite thick, then add the prawns and let them heat through.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve with the rice.