200g of Red cabbage finely sliced.
Half red onion finely chopped.
1 Crisp pink lady apple finely.
3 tbs of fresh or bought Mayonnaise.
Squeeze of Lemon juice.
Black pepper 3 turns of pepper mill.
Pinch Sea salt.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, red onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper until all blended together.
- Add the finely sliced cabbage and apple and mix well.
- Cover with cling film and allow to rest until required in a fridge.
8 Large fresh or frozen Scallops if they are frozen allow to defrost and pat dry with kitchen pepper before wrapping in bacon.
8 slices of Dry cured smoked streaky bacon.
8 Cocktail sticks.
- Wrap each scallop with 1 strip of bacon securing the open side with a wooden cocktail stick.
- Brush each white part of the scallop with olive oil, a small pinch of paprika, salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a grill pan on high heat.
- Place each scallop into the pan, initially cooking the white (scallop) part for 1 minute, then turn the heat down and cook the bacon by rolling around the pan, this will take about 4 minutes until the bacon is golden brown and starting to char.
- Turn the scallops onto the white part again to warm through for a few seconds.
- Remove the cocktail sticks.
- Drain any cooking liquor to serve with the scallops.
- Place 2 scallops onto the red cabbage and apple slaw, seasoning to taste and serve.